Come explore the wonders of Belize. Our trip start on the beaches of Belize where you will learn about the ecology of the coral reefs while hunting for invasive lion fish. From there we will proceed to the Sleeping Giant Resort, located in the rainforests of central Belize. There, we will explore the wonders of the forest, including working on our new jaguar monitoring project. The trip wraps up with tours of the Mayan ruins at Ruins of Xunantunich and Cahal Pech.
Here is the tentative itinerary for a Ruins, Reefs and Rainforests Tour in January 2019.
- Day 1 (Jan 6) Arrival: Transfer airport to Sleeping Giant Resort. Dinner at The Grove House. Evening presentation on the ecology of the rainforest.
- Day 2 (Jan 7) Rainforests and Jaguars: Morning jungle hike focusing on medicinal plants and jaguar research. Free time in the afternoon. Dinner at Dinner at The Grove House followed by a presentation on the Jaguar Research projects.
- Day 3 (Jan 9) Mayan Ruins: Breakfast at The Grove House. Trip to the Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich and Cahal Pech. Packed Lunch. Shopping in San Ignacio.
- Day 4 (Jan 10) Activity Day: Open day. Sign up at the resort for Cave Tubing, Zip Lines etc. Optional group activities include a photography tour (morning) and an evening hike to the observation tower.
- Day 5 (Jan 11) Coral Reef : Breakfast atThe Grove House. Transfer from Jaguar Reef Resort for coral reef snorkeling and lionfish research. Packed lunch on the reef. Dinner at the Paddle House Restaurant
- Day 6 (Jan 12) Belize Zoo and Departure: Breakfast, Transfer from Sleeping Giant to the Airport. Stop at the Art Box for shopping. Quick stop at Belize Zoo.
Costs & What is Included:
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS EXCLUSIVE OFFER
(Valid through November, 25th, 2018)
The ALL INCLUSIVE* price of $1350 is for double-occupancy, per person and it covers:
- Your hotel accommodations for all 6 days
- Airport transportation, all transfers to and from the resorts, and the boat ride
- Entrance fees for all activities:
- Presentations by Dr. Windelspecht and Prof. Cox on ecology of the rainforest
- Visits to Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich and Cahal Pech
- Coral reef snorkeling expedition and lion fish exploration
- Exclusive access to Belize Zoo and its exotic animals
- Meals (see the itinerary above; indicated meals are included in the price)
- Electronic version of the Belize Field Guide
- Giving Back – A portion of your fee will be donated by Inspire EdVentures to support the Wildlife Clinic
- A surprise gift to each participant for joining us on this wonderful EdVenture
Join our email list and take an additional $100 off your January 2019 trip
* Airfare is not included in this trip. Please check out our Travel Information page for more information about airfare and travel insurance. For your trip, you will be provided with a day and time that you need to arrive, and an earliest time of departure.
Forms for the Trip
- Registration form
- Liability Waiver form
- What to Pack
Contact us using the form below or call us at 1.828.372.2576 for more information.
last updated; November 2, 2018