Ruins, Rainforests & Reefs
(January 6-12, 2019)
Photos from Our Last EdVenture
Here is the tentative itinerary for a Ruins, Rainforests and Reefs EdVenture in January 2019.
- Day 1 (Jan 6) Arrival: Transfer airport to Sleeping Giant Resort. Dinner at The Grove House. Evening presentation on the ecology of the rainforest.
- Day 2 (Jan 7) Rainforests and Jaguars: Morning jungle hike focusing on medicinal plants and jaguar research. Free time in the afternoon. Dinner at Dinner at The Grove House followed by a presentation on the Jaguar Research projects.
- Day 3 (Jan 9) Mayan Ruins: Breakfast at The Grove House. Trip to the Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich and Cahal Pech. Packed Lunch. Shopping in San Ignacio.
- Day 4 (Jan 10) Activity Day: Open day. Sign up at the resort for Cave Tubing, Zip Lines etc. Optional group activities include a photography tour (morning) and an evening hike to the observation tower.
- Day 5 (Jan 11) Coral Reef : Breakfast atThe Grove House. Transfer from Jaguar Reef Resort for coral reef snorkeling and lionfish research. Packed lunch on the reef. Dinner at the Paddle House Restaurant
- Day 6 (Jan 12) Belize Zoo and Departure: Breakfast, Transfer from Sleeping Giant to the Airport. Stop at the Art Box for shopping. Quick stop at Belize Zoo.
Prices Start at $2199.00!!
January 2019 EdVenture Details & What is Included:
- Your hotel accommodations for all 6 days (double occupancy, solo travelers will be paired up with another EdVenturer)
- Airport transportation, all transfers to and from the resorts, and the boat ride
- Entrance fees for all activities:
- Presentations by Dr. Windelspecht and Prof. Cox on ecology of the rainforest
- Visits to Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich and Cahal Pech
- Coral reef snorkeling expedition and lion fish exploration
- Exclusive access to Belize Zoo and its exotic animals
- Meals (see the itinerary above; indicated meals are included in the price)
- Electronic version of the Belize Field Guide
- Giving Back – A portion of your fee will be donated by Inspire EdVentures to support the Wildlife Clinic
- A surprise gift to each participant for joining us on this wonderful EdVenture
* Airfare is not included in this trip. Please check out our Travel Information page for more information about airfare and travel insurance. For your trip, you will be provided with a day and time that you need to arrive, and an earliest time of departure.
Forms for the Trip
- Registration form
- Liability Waiver form
- What to Pack
last updated: August 15, 2019