Ruins, Rainforests & Reefs
January 5-11, 2020
Come explore the wonders of Belize with us! Your EdVenture will on the tropical beaches of Belize at the Jaguar Reef Resort in Hopkins. From there, we will snorkel to explore the ecology of the coral reefs and the impact of both humans and the invasive lion fish on this diverse ecosystem. Our next stop we will bring you to to the Sleeping Giant Resort, located in the majestic rainforests of central Belize. While hiking, you will explore the wonders of the rainforest, including observing our Jaguar Monitoring Project. The trip continues with tours of the Mayan ruins at Ruins of Xunantunich and Cahal Pech, which gives you a unique insight into the rich and mystical history of the area. Finally, we will visit one of our Giving Back Partners so that you can experience how we can all help support the people, culture, and natural wonders of our host country.
Photos from 0ur past EdVentures
Click on the photo to view full-size
Here is our itinerary for the Ruins, Rainforests, and Reefs EdVenture, January 5-11, 2020.
- Day 1 (Jan 5th) Arrival: Transfer airport to The Lodge at Jaguar Reef. Reception for guests. Dinner at the Paddle House (included).
- Day 2 (Jan 6th) Beach Day & Sittee River Tour: Take a day off sunbathing, paddle boarding or just sipping on a juice at the gorgeous Jaguar Reed ocean-side pool. Breakfast and lunch on your own. Afternoon Sittee River Tour or night Bioluminescence Tour (depending on the weather). Dinner at Paddle House (included).
- Day 3 (Jan 7th) Coral Reef Snorkeling: Coral Reef Snorkeling at Salt Water Caye. Breakfast and lunch included. Dinner on your own.
- Day 4 (Jan 8th) Belize Zoo: Breakfast at The Paddle House (included). Exclusive visit to the Belize Zoo. Lunch at the Zoo (on your own). Stop at the Art Box Gallery on the way to The Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge. Dinner at the Grove House (included). Optional early evening hike to Gazebo.
- Day 5 (Jan 9th ) Rainforest: Breakfast at The Grove House (included). Rainforest hike and introduction to our Jaguar Research projects. Lunch in the rainforest. Afternoon free. Dinner on own. After dinner presentation on Jaguar Research.
- Day 6 (Jan 10th) Mayan Ruins: Breakfast at The Grove House (included). A trip to the Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich and/or Cahal Pech. Lunch in San Ignacio (included). Visit to an Inspire EdVentures Giving Back Partner. Dinner included.
- Day 7 (Jan 11th) Departure: Breakfast at The Grove House (included). Depart to the Airport.
Our Inclusive Price Starts at $2199 and Includes the Following:
- Your hotel accommodations for all 7 days (double occupancy, solo travelers will be paired up with another EdVenturer)
- Airport transportation, all transfers to and from the resorts, and the boat ride
- Entrance fees for all activities:
- Presentations by Dr. Michael Windelspecht on rainforest and coral reef ecology ecology
- Visits to Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich
- Coral reef snorkeling expedition and lion fish exploration
- Exclusive access to Belize Zoo and its exotic animals
- Meals (see the itinerary above; indicated meals are included in the price)
- Electronic version of the Belize Field Guide
- Giving Back – A portion of your fee will be donated by Inspire EdVentures to support the Wildlife Clinic
- A surprise gift to each participant for joining us on this wonderful EdVenture
- Package includes taxes and fees
* Airfare is not included in this trip. Please check out our Travel Information page for more information about airfare and travel insurance. For your trip, you will be provided with a day and time that you need to arrive, and the earliest time of departure.
The Giving Back Partner For This Trip
The January 2020 EdVenture Trip is BOOKING NOW
Spots are limited, so please book by October 1, 2019!
- Complete the required registration forms and email them to email@example.com
- Visit our Travel and Payments page for information on submitting your deposit. A $500 deposit is required upon registration.
- Purchase your travel insurance for the trip.
- We will email you information regarding booking your flights into Belize City (BZE), including arrival and departure times.
- At least 45 days before the start of the trip, complete your payment.
- Complete all required waiver forms.
- Watch your email for updates on the trip. We will send out regular emails about what to pack, details on our itinerary, and fun things to learn before you go!
Call Us: (828) 239-9391 X1004
last updated: August 8th, 2019.