Ruins, Rainforests & Reefs
May 19-25, 2019
Photos from 0ur last EdVenture
Here is our itinerary for the Ruins, Rainforests, and Reefs EdVenture in May 2019.
- Day 1 (May 19) Arrival: Transfer airport to The Lodge at Jaguar Reef. Reception for guests. Viewing of the Emmy Award-winning documentary, Chasing Coral. Dinner at the Paddle House (included).
- Day 2 (May 20) Coral Reef: Coral Reef Snorkeling at Salt Water Caye. Breakfast and lunch included.
- Day 3 (May 21) River and Coastal Tour: Morning to Mid-Day free. Sittee River Nature trip and night Bioluminescence tour. Dinner included.
- Day 4 (May 22) Belize Zoo: Breakfast at The Lodge at Jaguar Reef. Visit the Belize Zoo. Transportation to The Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge. Optional early evening hike to Gazebo. After dinner presentation on Jaguar Research.
- Day 5 (May 23) Rainforest: Rainforest hike and introduction to our Jaguar Research projects. Lunch in the rainforest. Afternoon free. Breakfast and Lunch Included.
- Day 6 (May 24) Mayan Ruins: Breakfast at The Grove House. A trip to the Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich and/or Cahal Pech. Shopping near San Ignacio. Visit to an Inspire EdVentures Giving Back Partner. Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner included.
- Day 7 (May 25) Departure: Breakfast. Stop at the Art Box for shopping. Depart to the Airport.
All-Inclusive Package Covers:
- Your hotel accommodations for all 7 days (double occupancy, solo travelers will be paired up with another EdVenturer)
- Airport transportation, all transfers to and from the resorts, and the boat ride
- Entrance fees for all activities:
- Presentations by Dr. Windelspecht on rainforest and coral reef ecology ecology
- Visits to Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich
- Coral reef snorkeling expedition and lion fish exploration
- Exclusive access to Belize Zoo and its exotic animals
- Meals (see the itinerary above; indicated meals are included in the price)
- Electronic version of the Belize Field Guide
- Giving Back – A portion of your fee will be donated by Inspire EdVentures to support the Wildlife Clinic
- A surprise gift to each participant for joining us on this wonderful EdVenture
- Package includes taxes and fees
* Airfare is not included in this trip. Please check out our Travel Information page for more information about airfare and travel insurance. For your trip, you will be provided with a day and time that you need to arrive, and the earliest time of departure.
Forms for the Trip
Giving Back Partner
Our giving back partner for the May 2019 will be the Belize Wildlife Clinic. During our last visit to Belize we were able to donate four microscopes and about 200 pounds of medical supplies to support their mission.
A portion of your fees will be used to purchase additional items to help the Clinic staff in their work. However, here is a list of needed supplies if you would like to bring additional items with you on your trip.
- Exam gloves (all sizes needed)
- Sterile gauze pads (small)
- Sterile gauze pads (large)
- Face masks
- Bandage rolls (any size)
Please contact us if you have any questions, and thank you!!