Ruins, Rainforests & Reefs
May 19-25, 2019
Photos from 0ur last EdVenture
Here is the tentative itinerary for a Ruins, Rainforests, and Reefs EdVenture in May 2019.
- Day 1 (May 19) Arrival: Transfer airport to The Lodge at Jaguar Reef. Reception for guests. Viewing of the Emmy Award-winning documentary, Chasing Coral. Dinner at the Paddle House (included).
- Day 2 (May 20) Coral Reef: Coral Reef Snorkeling at Salt Water Caye. Breakfast and lunch included.
- Day 3 (May 21) River and Coastal Tour: Morning to Mid-Day free. Sittee River Nature trip and night Bioluminescence tour. Dinner included.
- Day 4 (May 22) Free Day: Breakfast at The Lodge at Jaguar Reef. Transportation to The Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge. Afternoon Free. Late afternoon hike to Gazebo. After dinner presentation on Jaguar Research.
- Day 5 (May 23) Rainforest: Rainforest hike and introduction to our Jaguar Research projects. Lunch in the rainforest. Afternoon free. Breakfast and Lunch Included.
- Day 6 (May 24) Mayan Ruins: Breakfast at The Grove House. A trip to the Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich and Cahal Pech. Shopping in San Ignacio. Visit to an Inspire EdVentures Giving Back Partner. Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner included.
- Day 7 (May 25) Belize Zoo and Departure: Breakfast, a visit to Belize Zoo. Stop at the Art Box for shopping. Depart to the Airport.
May 2019 EdVenture Cost
$1899.00 per person
What is Included:
- Your hotel accommodations for all 7 days (double occupancy, solo travelers will be paired up with another EdVenturer)
- Airport transportation, all transfers to and from the resorts, and the boat ride
- Entrance fees for all activities:
- Presentations by Dr. Windelspecht and Prof. Cox on rainforest ecology
- Visits to Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich
- Coral reef snorkeling expedition and lion fish exploration
- Exclusive access to Belize Zoo and its exotic animals
- Meals (see the itinerary above; indicated meals are included in the price)
- Electronic version of the Belize Field Guide
- Giving Back – A portion of your fee will be donated by Inspire EdVentures to support the Wildlife Clinic
- A surprise gift to each participant for joining us on this wonderful EdVenture
- Package includes taxes and fees
Please email us to check availability and book your spot!
* Airfare is not included in this trip. Please check out our Travel Information page for more information about airfare and travel insurance. For your trip, you will be provided with a day and time that you need to arrive, and the earliest time of departure.
Forms for the Trip
- Registration form
- Liability Waiver form
- What to Pack