Ruins, Rainforests & Reefs
May 19-25, 2019
Come explore the wonders of Belize with us! Our trip will start up on the tropical beaches of Belize at the Jaguar Reef Resort in Hopkins. While snorkeling, you will learn about the ecology of the coral reefs and the impact of humans and the invasive lion fish on this diverse ecosystem. From there, we will venture to the Sleeping Giant Resort, located in the majestic rainforests of central Belize. While hiking, you will explore the wonders of the rainforest, including observing our Jaguar Monitoring Project. The trip continues with tours of the Mayan ruins at Ruins of Xunantunich and Cahal Pech, which gives you a unique insight into the rich and mystical history of the area. Finally, we will visit one of our Giving Back Partners so that you can experience how we can all help support the people, culture, and natural wonders of our host country.
Photos from 0ur last EdVenture
Here is the tentative itinerary for a Ruins, Rainforests, and Reefs EdVenture in May 2019.
- Day 1 (May 19) Arrival Transfer airport to The Lodge at Jaguar Reef. Reception for guests. Viewing of the Emmy Award-winning documentary, Chasing Coral. Dinner at the Paddle House (included).
- Day 2 (May 20) Cora Reef Coral Reef Snorkeling at Salt Water Caye. Breakfast and lunch included.
- Day 3 (May 21) Activity Day Morning to Mid-Day free. Sittee River Nature trip and night Bioluminescence tour. Dinner included.
- Day 4 (May 22) Free Day Breakfast at The Lodge at Jaguar Reef. Transportation to The Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge. Afternoon Free. Late afternoon hike to Gazebo. After dinner presentation on Jaguar Research.
- Day 5 (May 23) Rainforest Rainforest hike and introduction to our Jaguar Research projects. Lunch in the rainforest. Afternoon free. Breakfast and Lunch Included.
- Day 6 (May 24) Mayan Ruins Breakfast at The Grove House. A trip to the Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich and Cahal Pech. Shopping in San Ignacio. Visit to an Inspire EdVentures Giving Back Partner. Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner included.
- Day 7 (May 25) Belize Zoo and Departure Breakfast, a visit to Belize Zoo. Stop at the Art Box for shopping. Depart to the Airport.
May 2019 EdVenture Details & What is Included:
- Your hotel accommodations for all 7 days (double occupancy, solo travelers will be paired up with another EdVenturer)
- Airport transportation, all transfers to and from the resorts, and the boat ride
- Entrance fees for all activities:
- Presentations by Dr. Windelspecht and Prof. Cox on ecology of the rainforest
- Visits to Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich and Cahal Pech
- Coral reef snorkeling expedition and lion fish exploration
- Exclusive access to Belize Zoo and its exotic animals
- Meals (see the itinerary above; indicated meals are included in the price)
- Electronic version of the Belize Field Guide
- Giving Back – A portion of your fee will be donated by Inspire EdVentures to support the Wildlife Clinic
- A surprise gift to each participant for joining us on this wonderful EdVenture
Please email us for your quote!
* Airfare is not included in this trip. Please check out our Travel Information page for more information about airfare and travel insurance. For your trip, you will be provided with a day and time that you need to arrive, and an earliest time of departure.
Forms for the Trip
- Registration form
- Liability Waiver form
- What to Pack
last updated: January 24, 2019