Ruins, Rainforests & Reefs
October 23-29, 2019
Come explore the wonders of Belize with us! Our trip will start up on the tropical beaches of Belize at the Jaguar Reef Resort in Hopkins. While snorkeling, you will learn about the ecology of the coral reefs and the impact of humans and the invasive lion fish on this diverse ecosystem. From there, we will venture to the Sleeping Giant Resort, located in the majestic rainforests of central Belize. While hiking, you will explore the wonders of the rainforest, including observing our Jaguar Monitoring Project. The trip continues with tours of the Mayan ruins at Ruins of Xunantunich and Cahal Pech, which gives you a unique insight into the rich and mystical history of the area. Finally, we will visit one of our Giving Back Partners so that you can experience how we can all help support the people, culture, and natural wonders of our host country.
Photos from 0ur last EdVenture
Here is our itinerary for the Ruins, Rainforests, and Reefs EdVenture, October 23rd – 29th 2019.
- Day 1 (October 23) Arrival: Transfer airport to The Lodge at Jaguar Reef. Reception for guests. Dinner at the Paddle House (included).
- Day 2 (October 24) Beach Day & Sittee River Tour: Take a day off sunbathing, paddle boarding or just sipping on a juice at the gorgeous Jaguar Reed ocean-side pool. Breakfast and lunch on your own. Afternoon Sittee River Tour or night Bioluminescence Tour (depending on the weather). Dinner at Paddle House (included).
- Day 3 (October 25) Coral Reef Snorkeling: Coral Reef Snorkeling at Salt Water Caye. Breakfast and lunch included. Dinner on your own.
- Day 4 (October 26) Belize Zoo: Breakfast at The Paddle House (included). Exclusive visit to the Belize Zoo. Lunch at the Zoo (on your own). Stop at the Art Box Gallery on the way to The Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge. Dinner at the Grove House (included). Optional early evening hike to Gazebo.
- Day 5 (October 27) Rainforest: Breakfast at The Grove House (included). Rainforest hike and introduction to our Jaguar Research projects. Lunch in the rainforest. Afternoon free. Dinner on own. After dinner presentation on Jaguar Research.
- Day 6 (October 28) Mayan Ruins: Breakfast at The Grove House (included). A trip to the Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich and/or Cahal Pech. Lunch in San Ignacio (included). Visit to an Inspire EdVentures Giving Back Partner. Dinner included.
- Day 7 (October 29) Departure: Breakfast at The Grove House (included). Depart to the Airport.
The Price Of $1,899 Includes The Following:
- Your hotel accommodations for all 7 days (double occupancy, solo travelers will be paired up with another EdVenturer)
- Airport transportation, all transfers to and from the resorts, and the boat ride
- Entrance fees for all activities:
- Presentations by Dr. Windelspecht on rainforest and coral reef ecology ecology
- Visits to Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich
- Coral reef snorkeling expedition and lion fish exploration
- Exclusive access to Belize Zoo and its exotic animals
- Meals (see the itinerary above; indicated meals are included in the price)
- Electronic version of the Belize Field Guide
- Giving Back – A portion of your fee will be donated by Inspire EdVentures to support the Wildlife Clinic
- A surprise gift to each participant for joining us on this wonderful EdVenture
- Package includes taxes and fees
* Airfare is not included in this trip. Please check out our Travel Information page for more information about airfare and travel insurance. For your trip, you will be provided with a day and time that you need to arrive, and the earliest time of departure.
The Giving Back Partner For This Trip
Our giving back partner for the October 2019 will be the Belize Wildlife Clinic. During our last visit to Belize we were able to donate four microscopes and about 200 pounds of medical supplies to support their mission.
A portion of your fees will be used to purchase additional items to help the Clinic staff in their work. However, here is a list of needed supplies if you would like to bring additional items with you on your trip.
- Exam gloves (all sizes needed)
- Sterile gauze pads (small)
- Sterile gauze pads (large)
- Face masks
- Bandage rolls (any size)
Please contact us if you have any questions, and thank you!!
October 2019 EdVenture Trip is BOOKING NOW
Spots are limited, so please book by September 1st, 2019.
last updated: July, 10, 2019.