Ruins, Rainforests & Reefs
October 23-29, 2019
Photos from 0ur past EdVentures
Click on the photo to view full-size
Here is our itinerary for the Ruins, Rainforests, and Reefs EdVenture, October 23rd – 29th 2019.
- Day 1 (October 23) Arrival: Transfer airport to The Lodge at Jaguar Reef. Reception for guests. Dinner at the Paddle House (included).
- Day 2 (October 24) Beach Day & Sittee River Tour: Take a day off sunbathing, paddle boarding or just sipping on a juice at the gorgeous Jaguar Reed ocean-side pool. Breakfast and lunch on your own. Afternoon Sittee River Tour or night Bioluminescence Tour (depending on the weather). Dinner at Paddle House (included).
- Day 3 (October 25) Coral Reef Snorkeling: Coral Reef Snorkeling at Salt Water Caye. Breakfast and lunch included. Dinner on your own.
- Day 4 (October 26) Belize Zoo: Breakfast at The Paddle House (included). Exclusive visit to the Belize Zoo. Lunch at the Zoo (on your own). Stop at the Art Box Gallery on the way to The Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge. Dinner at the Grove House (included). Optional early evening hike to Gazebo.
- Day 5 (October 27) Rainforest: Breakfast at The Grove House (included). Rainforest hike and introduction to our Jaguar Research projects. Lunch in the rainforest. Afternoon free. Dinner on own. After dinner presentation on Jaguar Research.
- Day 6 (October 28) Mayan Ruins: Breakfast at The Grove House (included). A trip to the Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich and/or Cahal Pech. Lunch in San Ignacio (included). Visit to an Inspire EdVentures Giving Back Partner. Dinner included.
- Day 7 (October 29) Departure: Breakfast at The Grove House (included). Depart to the Airport.
The Price Of $1,899 Includes The Following:
- Your hotel accommodations for all 7 days (double occupancy, solo travelers will be paired up with another EdVenturer)
- Airport transportation, all transfers to and from the resorts, and the boat ride
- Entrance fees for all activities:
- Presentations by Dr. Windelspecht on rainforest and coral reef ecology ecology
- Visits to Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich
- Coral reef snorkeling expedition and lion fish exploration
- Exclusive access to Belize Zoo and its exotic animals
- Meals (see the itinerary above; indicated meals are included in the price)
- Electronic version of the Belize Field Guide
- Giving Back – A portion of your fee will be donated by Inspire EdVentures to support the Wildlife Clinic
- A surprise gift to each participant for joining us on this wonderful EdVenture
- Package includes taxes and fees
* Airfare is not included in this trip. Please check out our Travel Information page for more information about airfare and travel insurance. For your trip, you will be provided with a day and time that you need to arrive, and the earliest time of departure.
The Giving Back Partner For This Trip
October 2019 EdVenture Trip is BOOKING NOW
Spots are limited, so please book by September 1st, 2019.
- Complete the required registration forms and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our Travel and Payments page for information on submitting your deposit. A $500 deposit is required upon registration.
- Purchase your travel insurance for the trip.
- We will email you information regarding booking your flights into Belize City (BZE), including arrival and departure times.
- At least 45 days before the start of the trip, complete your payment.
- Complete all required waiver forms.
- Watch your email for updates on the trip. We will send out regular emails about what to pack, details on our itinerary, and fun things to learn before you go!
Call Us: (828) 239-9391 X1004
last updated: July 24, 2019.