As a participant on the Independent Educators EdVenture, you will accompany Dr. Michael Windelspecht on our Ruins Reefs and Rainforests tour. These non-student trips are designed to provide individuals with experiences that focus on the amazing biodiversity of Belize . Each day includes an educational activity, such as coral reef snorkeling, jaguar monitoring in the rain forest, or Mayan cultural activities. Free time is provided each day for additional activities, such as zip lines or surfing, or to explore the local areas. The benefit for educators is that they can experience a wide variety of options for their courses in a short period of time.
- Day 1 (Jan 5th) Arrival: Transfer airport to The Lodge at Jaguar Reef. Reception for guests. Dinner at the Paddle House (included).
- Day 2 (Jan 6th) Beach Day & Sittee River Tour: Take a day off sunbathing, paddle boarding or just sipping on a juice at the gorgeous Jaguar Reed ocean-side pool. Breakfast and lunch on your own. Afternoon Sittee River Tour or night Bioluminescence Tour (depending on the weather). Dinner at Paddle House (included).
- Day 3 (Jan 7th) Coral Reef Snorkeling: Coral Reef Snorkeling at Salt Water Caye. Breakfast and lunch included. Dinner on your own.
- Day 4 (Jan 8th) Belize Zoo: Breakfast at The Paddle House (included). Exclusive visit to the Belize Zoo. Lunch at the Zoo (on your own). Stop at the Art Box Gallery on the way to The Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge. Dinner at the Grove House (included). Optional early evening hike to Gazebo.
- Day 5 (Jan 9th ) Rainforest: Breakfast at The Grove House (included). Rainforest hike and introduction to our Jaguar Research projects. Lunch in the rainforest. Afternoon free. Dinner on own. After dinner presentation on Jaguar Research.
- Day 6 (Jan 10th) Mayan Ruins: Breakfast at The Grove House (included). A trip to the Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich and/or Cahal Pech. Lunch in San Ignacio (included). Visit to an Inspire EdVentures Giving Back Partner. Dinner included.
- Day 7 (Jan 11th) Departure: Breakfast at The Grove House (included). Depart to the Airport.
All-Inclusive Package of $1,999 Covers The Following
- Your hotel accommodations for all 5 days (double occupancy) at the Sleeping Giant rainforest Lodge south of Belmopan, Belize.
- Transport from the airport to and from the resorts.
- Local guides and entrance fees for the Belize Zoo and Belize Raptor Center
- All meals (alcoholic beverages are not included)
- Package includes taxes and fees
* Airfare is not included in this trip. Please check out our Travel Information page for more information about airfare and travel insurance. For your trip, you will be provided with a day and time that you need to arrive, and the earliest time of departure * Trip insurance is required for this edventure. See our travel information page for more information.
Need Assistance Getting Funding for the Trip?
As educators, we know that professional development is an important part of curriculum design. We can help you prepare your documentation to obtain professional development funds and continuing education credit from your institution.
Please email us to reserve your spot or ask questions!
last updated: Sept 26, 2019