Ruins, Rainforests & Reefs
DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON
Photos from Our Last EdVenture
Here is A TYPICAL itinerary for a Ruins, Rainforests and Reefs EdVenture
- Day 1 Arrival: Transfer airport to Sleeping Giant Resort. Dinner at The Grove House. Evening presentation on the ecology of the rainforest.
- Day 2 Rainforests and Jaguars: Morning jungle hike focusing on medicinal plants and jaguar research. Free time in the afternoon. Dinner at Dinner at The Grove House followed by a presentation on the Jaguar Research projects.
- Day 3 Mayan Ruins: Breakfast at The Grove House. Trip to the Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich and Cahal Pech. Packed Lunch. Shopping in San Ignacio.
- Day 4 Activity Day: Open day. Sign up at the resort for Cave Tubing, Zip Lines etc. Optional group activities include a photography tour (morning) and an evening hike to the observation tower.
- Day 5 Coral Reef : Breakfast atThe Grove House. Transfer from Jaguar Reef Resort for coral reef snorkeling and lionfish research. Packed lunch on the reef. Dinner at the Paddle House Restaurant
- Day 6 Belize Zoo and Departure: Breakfast, Transfer from Sleeping Giant to the Airport. Stop at the Art Box for shopping. Quick stop at Belize Zoo.
Prices start at $2,199*
EdVenture Details & What is Included:
- Your hotel accommodations for all 6 days (double occupancy, solo travelers will be paired up with another EdVenturer)
- Airport transportation, all transfers to and from the resorts, and the boat ride
- Entrance fees for all activities:
- Presentations by Dr. Windelspecht and Prof. Cox on ecology of the rainforest
- Visits to Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich and Cahal Pech
- Coral reef snorkeling expedition and lion fish exploration
- Exclusive access to Belize Zoo and its exotic animals
- Meals (see the itinerary above; indicated meals are included in the price)
- Electronic version of the Belize Field Guide
- Giving Back – A portion of your fee will be donated by Inspire EdVentures to support the Wildlife Clinic
- A surprise gift to each participant for joining us on this wonderful EdVenture
* Price noted above is based on double occupancy, for a single traveler. Airfare is not included in this trip. Please check out our Travel Information page for more information about airfare and travel insurance. For your trip, you will be provided with a day and time that you need to arrive, and the earliest time of departure.
Forms for the Trip
- Registration form
- Liability Waiver form
- What to Pack
last updated: September 18, 2019