On the Student Experience for Educators EdVenture, you will join a group of students, lead by Professor David Cox of Lincoln Land Community College on a series of student-centered activities in Belize. From water-quality monitoring on the Sibun River, to presentations on jungle ecology and our jaguar monitoring project, this EdVenture will give you a first-hand insight into how to organize an Outdoor Classroom in Belize.
Day 1 (January 6th) Arrival: Transfer airport to The Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge. Pre-dinner introductions. Group dinner at Sleeping Giant. Day 2 (January 7) Jaguars in the Rainforest: All day jungle hike to learn about rainforest ecology, medicinal plants and our jaguar monitoring project. Enjoy a packed lunch in the jungle. Lecture at the British training facilities about jaguar ecology. Personal time in the afternoon. Day 3 (January 8) Research Day: Stream ecology research on the Sibun River. Afternoon visit to Caves Branch Botanical Gardens (focus on medicinal plants and orchids). Day 4 (January 9) Free Day: Choose an EdVenture (Snorkeling, Sleeping Giant cave, or Zip-Lining) or spend the day taking photos of the local wildlife. Day 5 (January 10) Mayan Ruins: Tour Xunantunich Ruins, enjoy a packed lunch on the site. Learn about raptors during the Belize Raptor Center tour. Enjoy some free time in San Ignacio and Belmopan. Day 6 (January 11) Belize Zoo and Transportation to the Airport: Tour of the Belize Zoo. Shuttle to the airport.
All-Inclusive Package of $1,599 Covers The Following:
- Your hotel accommodations for all 5 days (double occupancy) at the Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge south of Belmopan, Belize.
- Transport from the airport to and from the resorts.
- Local guides and entrance fees for the Belize Zoo and Belize Raptor Center
- Most meals (alcoholic beverages are not included)
- Package includes taxes and fees
* Airfare is not included in this trip. Please check out our Travel Information page for more information about airfare and travel insurance. For your trip, you will be provided with a day and time that you need to arrive, and the earliest time of departure * Trip insurance is required for this EdVenture. See our travel information page for more information.
Need Assistance Getting Funding for the Trip?
As educators, we know that professional development is an important part of curriculum design. We can help you prepare your documentation to obtain professional development funds and continuing education credit from your institution.
Please email us to reserve your spot or ask questions!
last updated: Sept 26, 2019