Our latest EdVenture takes you to Belize where you will experience a virtual dive on the pristine coral reefs surrounding the Tobacco Caye Marine Station.
Our staff will work alongside you to deliver live, interactive sessions from coral reefs. With the help of the incredible staff at the Marine Station, and, of course, their wildlife“ambassadors”, we can set up an experience that is custom-made for students of any age, corporate “retreats”, summer camps, or community activities. Sessions can cover everything from general tours of reefs to guided lectures on the conservation of specific species, and much more.
The best part of this program is that the proceeds from each tour not only directly benefit the conservation efforts of the Marine Station, which has been impacted by the lack of tourism and the pandemic, but will also be used to fund scholarships for K-12 classes to attend a tour of their own. If you are an educator who is interested in the scholarship program, please see the form at the bottom of this page.
We have conducted dozens of virtual tours in Belize with students ranging from elementary schools to college biology classes. In addition, we have organized corporate activities for companies large and small to give their staff a welcome break and experience the wonders of Belize. Let us build a tour that you will never forget, and help the conservation efforts of the Marine Station at the same time.
What Can You Expect on Your Virtual Tour?
These interactive tours will be led by an education specialist at the Tobacco Caye Marine Station who specializes in marine conservation. These tours, which can last for between 45 and 75 minutes in length, will feature not only an exploration of the diversity of the coral reefs, but also a discussion of some of the threats to this important ecosystem. During the tour, you will be encouraged to ask lots of questions! Depending on the time of the tour, we can usually see sharks, sea turtles, numerous species of coral, and a variety of tropical fish species.
The staff at Inspire EdVentures will assist you in your virtual tour by making all of the arrangements with the Marine Station to schedule your time and setting up the details for the Zoom calls. A member of our staff will be on hand at the start of the call to provide your group with a brief introduction and to record your session. After the tour is over, we will provide you with a video of your session, links to how to learn more about the animals you saw on your tour, and information on how you can help the conservation efforts of the Tobacco Caye Marine Station.
Resources to Enhance Your Experience
Inspire EdVentures was formed by educators with a passion for science education. We know that learning occurs in many forms. Therefore, in addition to the video, we have prepared a number of resources that you can utilize to engage your group before or after your tour:
- Wildlife of the Coral Reef: Articles and videos, prepared by our staff to provide you with additional information on the wildlife you may encounter on the tour. We update this regularly as new species make their debut at the events.
- Frequently Asked Questions: While we are on your tour, we will be monitoring the questions that your participants ask and adding them to our FAQ page.
- Monthly Newsletter: If you want to keep up to date on new tours or educational opportunities, consider signing up for our monthly IE newsletter.
- Discussion Questions: Looking for a way to initiate discussions after a tour? Here are a few questions to get you started. We can also help you prepare questions or materials for any type of group!
For more information, please complete the form below:
- The Hub Microacademy
- Appalachian Brian Estates
- McGraw Hill Education Life Sciences